Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Chillin'

I love love love my uncle Samuel! He is wonderful! He plays with me, feeds me and takes naps with me...what more could you want in an uncle??? HE'S GREAT! My mom is happy he is here too. She said she had been missing her family some, so I'm glad he was able to visit. Mom says he leaves on Monday. I don't want him to go! I like having someone at home ALL day long to play with me ALL day! Mom has to work during the week, so I'm alone sometimes...but not this week, tomorrow and until Monday I will have both my mom and my uncle home with me!!!! YAY!!!!!! I'm so excited, I could pee!!!!! But I won't...because that makes mom mad...here are some pictures of me and my uncle:

I'm helping him play his new video game...he couldn't have done it without me!


Just checking out the couch...I thought I saw some food. Unfortunately, it was my imagination. :(


Strike a pose!


Here's a poem my first mom and grandma sent me! (I lived with them when I was born before my now-mom brought me home!)

I hope you like it...I do! :)

HOW GOD MADE DACHSHUNDS

God made a little dachsie
to brighten up our day
He took a bit of sunshine
Laughter, love, and play
and rolled it up in a sausage shape
just right for a hug,
with bright eyes full of mischief
set in its little mug.
With little paws a pattering,
to take it here and there
and a cold wet nose but then He thought,
"Oh, what about the hair?
Shall I make it long and silky,
or wiry, that's so sweet,
or make it simple, and have it smooth
and satiny and neat?
And what about the color?
How can I pick just one?
Shall it be black, or red or brown
or dappled, just for fun?"
He pondered while He made the world,
And all creatures great and small
And then the answer came to Him
"OF COURSE! I'll make them ALL!!"
So remember that a dachshund
is special, from above -
His coat of many colors
is a sign of God's great Love.

By Julie Wrigley Smith

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh maggie i love the poem! you look so happy to have your uncle there! you really need to come visit me and copper. he should be here for a couple more weeks. we are having so much fun!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Maggie, that's such a sweet poem. You're so nice to help your uncle play his games.


~ girl girl

Joe Stains said...

we have a great awesome uncle too but he works like a bazillion hours so we don't get to hang out with him much. your uncle seems VERY cool!

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

We love, love, love that poem. We hope you don't mind but we made an entry about your poem and added a link to this entry so all of our friends will come read it!

Peanut said...

That poem is so neat. Your uncle looks cool. He's got to be cool to let you lay on him like that.

JustMeCopper said...

Oh, I love that poem!

Ricky Pepper said...

We love that poem too!

xoxo,
Ricky

Lorenza said...

Hi, Maggie.
Thanks for sharing this poem with us. I love it!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Eddie N Peaches said...

What a wonderful Poem. thank you for posting that.
Whoofs & Baroos,
Eddie & Peaches

Chilli the Dog said...

Hiya Maggie

Thanks for sharing the neat poem with us. Your uncle sounds like a cool person to hang out with:) I hope you have lotsa fund with him.

Wet licks
Chilli

Hana said...

What a beautiful poem!